Sunday, March 4, 2012

Finshed the Abby Cardi

I have finally finished the Abby Cardi, and I am quite happy with it, definately able to be worn with no alterations.

I made a 14 straight from the packet and for my next one, I will need to take 3/4" from the shoulders, I am a bit narrow there, I will trim the sleeves to make them a bit narrower as well, and I will take a good inch off the length. Also need to take several inches of the sleeve length.

It is just plain black, so not very exciting to photograph, but I am cutting out another one in a print, so I might take a pic of it.

So, whilst I am happy about the top, I am even more excited that I used my new (to me) Janome Coverpro 1000CP to hem it. I am so pleased with it, the stitches are even, did not skip, it stretches well etc. Took me a couple of months to work out how to use it, but now that I have, I hope I can use it again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment